When you have a baby, you have a lot more to carry around with you than just the baby. Any time you go out, you will need to bring along changes of clothes, bottles, diapers, wipes, etc. You will need something to carry everything in, but you don’t want a traditional diaper bag that looks like a diaper bag. Luckily, things have changed in the past few decades, and large baby changing bags have taken the place of regular diaper bags. These can range in price, and there are different styles to choose from.
What to Look for in a Large Baby Changing Bag
When it comes to baby changing bags, the larger the better, because you will need something that can hold everything your baby needs for a day out. Obviously, you want something that is stylish, but there are also many other features that you need to be on the lookout for. These include:
- Pockets and Compartments – Large baby changing bags can never have too many pockets or compartments. There are always going to be smaller items you want to keep separate from clothing, blankets, and diapers, and these pockets and compartments will come in pretty handy for those items.
- Bottle Pocket – A quality changing bag should have an insulated bottle pocket for keeping your baby’s milk and food cool.
- Adjustable Shoulder Straps – Whether you choose a carry-all or a backpack style changing bag, the straps should be adjustable to make carrying it as comfortable as possible.
- Easy to Clean – One of the most important characteristics to look for in a changing bag is how easy it is to clean. You should be able to simply wipe it down without having to worry about stains.
Large baby changing bags come in all shapes and sizes, but there are two styles that are the most popular: backpack and carry-all.
- Backpack Changing Bags– These days, backpacks are popular for more than just hiking. They are used for all sorts of things, and they make ideal large baby changing bags. Because they are backpacks, you can load more into them without having the bags feel too heavy. This is because the weight is distributed evenly across your back. Check out the popular Forma Backpack changing bag available at Change Bag Boutique: http://www.changebagboutique.co.uk/Forma-Backpack-Black.html. It has loads of room for everything you need to bring along for your baby, as well as two multi-purpose packing cubes in the front compartment for additional storage.
- Carry-All Changing Bags – If you are looking for something a bit more on the fashionable side, you may be more interested in a carry-all changing bag. There are all kinds of different styles and colors available, and you can get bags that look like everything from a gym bag to a large purse. A carry-all is a great large baby changing bag, and many come with accessories you will be using regularly, including changing mats. A nice option for a carry-all is the Pink Lemonade Faux Lizard Carry-All from Oi Oi (http://www.changebagboutique.co.uk/Oi-Oi-Carry-All-Pink-Lemonade-Faux-Lizard-baby-changing-bag.html).
There is one more thing that you should look for. When picking out a changing bag, make sure that it has a detachable changing mat. That way, you won’t have to worry about forgetting changing blankets at home.